HI I’M CHESSTER, HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS!
Congratulations on your purchase of KASPAROV ADVANCED TALKING CHESS! You will soon find out that your new chess partner offers an exciting variety of features and options. Over 500 level settings will allow you to experiment and learn more about chess and how computers play chess! And the sensory board makes play so easy, natural and so much fun!
The most exciting feature of ADVANCED TALKING CHESS is its voice, with its vocabulary of 345 phrases, which can teach you the game and make helpful announcements. There are 4 voice options, each of which has special vocabulary to suit your needs. Any one of the four vocabularies may be activated in any combination. If you choose deactivate all four vocabularies, ADVANCED TALKING CHESS will only make the type of announcements you would find in competitive play (i.e. Check, Checkmate, Stalemate etc.) along with warnings if you have erred in some way during play.
JUST LOOK AT THESE SPECIAL FEATURES!
- Sensory board for automatic piece recognition -- simply press your piece to make your move!
- Special features and options for learning and fun -- including 4 voice modes, Problem Mode and Easy Mode!
- Over 500 level settings for variety and experimentation -- such as Fixed Depth Levels!
- Openings library includes all major openings.
- Unsure of the position? Verify pieces at any time.
- Change your mind about a move? Take back up to sixty-four half-moves (thirty-two per side)!
- Play against another person with the computer acting as referee.
- Save current game in memory!
SETTING A PLAYING LEVEL:
Your KASPAROV ADVANCED TALKING CHESS has over 500 level settings such as Fixed Depth Levels for beginners and Infinite Level for stronger players. You can select 17 level settings in Level Mode. When you set the level keep in mind that when the computer has more time to think about its moves, it gets stronger and plays better -- just like a human player!
Using these 17 level settings in combination with the four voice modes and Easy Mode gives you a total of over 500 level settings to choose from!
TIPS ON CHOOSING A LEVEL:
- ARE YOU A BEGINNING PLAYER? - Use Easy Mode option or start with the lower Fixed Depth Levels. The Fixed Depth Levels restrict the computer’s search depth, resulting in weaker play, and giving you the chance to learn about the game and perhaps even win!
- ARE YOU AN INTERMEDIATE OR MORE ADVANCED CHESS PLAYER? - Try the Preset Levels or the higher Fixed Depth Levels. The Preset Levels range from easy all the way up to a more difficult three-minute response time on Level A8. The Fixed Depth Levels allow you to set your desired search depth -- after you beat the computer on one level, go on to the next!
- WANT TO EXPERIMENT? -- Use Problem Mode to set up positions or try Infinite Level -- try searching from a position in one of your own games!
Excerpts taken from “Saitek Advanced Talking Chess” User Manual and box.