Congratulations on your purchase of the new MEPHISTO BISTRO! This computer will always be ready to play whenever you are -- and it can even teach you more about chess as you play!
MAIN MEPHISTO BISTRO GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knows chess rules; an ideal opponent for beginners and occasional players.
- 16 levels of play.
- Take back up to 6 half moves.
- Game Memory - The computer “remembers” the current position for up to 2 years (with fresh alkaline batteries). When you switch it on again, it will continue to play your game.
- Book Openings -- At the beginning of a game, the computer’s reply is usually very fast on Level 1 through 6, because the computer is playing moves which are stored in its book openings.
- Solves Mate-in-4 chess problems.
Excerpts taken from the “Mephisto Bistro” User Manual.