The Programmer is unknown for CAISSA 5.2. The actual game is easy to use. You just have to enter the moves ie. e2e4. More difficult is figuring out how to use the game options. The game was written in German therefore the commands are the first letters of the German word. Here are some tips to get you started:
- By pressing the ENTER key on your computer you will see the colon (:) in the move input position. By the pressing the following keys you will be able to change some game options.
- Playing Levels (Z for Zeit (Time) - Playing Levels in this game are Time Levels. These follow the same real time view as shown in the game clocks of the game but without the colon separators (:). For example if you want to set the times to 30 seconds per move you would: ENTER to get the colon (:) in the move input position. Then you type Z00030 followed by ENTER. For 3 minutes per move it is Z00300 or for 90 seconds Z00130.
- Take Back move = R (Rueckgabe)
- New Game = N (Neues Spiel)
- Force Computer to Move = P
The playing strength of CAISSA 5.2 is approximately 1250-1300 ELO (1500 USCF).