SCISYS CHESS COMPANION II
CHESS COMPANION II is an uncomplicated chess computer which will automatically register your moves on the built-in chessboard. It uses the 16 lights on the edge of the board to indicate its own moves. The computer is battery operated and contains a low-power memory which will retain the last position of an interrupted game for up to one year.
CHESS COMPANION II has nine level of skill. The average response times are as follows:
- LEVEL 0 -- 2 seconds.
- LEVEL 1 -- 5 seconds.
- LEVEL 2 -- 15 seconds.
- LEVEL 3 -- 1 minute.
- LEVEL 4 -- 2 minutes.
- LEVEL 5 -- 3 minutes (Tournament mode).
- LEVEL 6 -- 8 minutes.
- LEVEL 7 -- 2 hours (Analysis).
- LEVEL 8 -- Problem mode.
MAIN SCISYS CHESS COMPANION II GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Very strong chess program.
- 9 adjustable levels from beginner to regular club player.
- Solves mate-in-4 problems.
- Built-in openings book.
- Thinks in opponent's time.
- Modern sensory chessboard reads your moves as soon as you make them.
- Full set of display lamps for white black, check, checkmate, stalemate, enter position, and computing.
- Sound control.
- Takes back moves, suggests moves.
- Turn On and Off at any time -- even in the middle of a move.
- Remembers positions for up to one year.
- Easy to set up, verify and change positions.
- Perfect for all members of the family.
- Requires 3 AA batteries or 9V adapter (not included).
Excerpts taken from the “SciSys Chess Companion II” User Manual and Box.