SAITEK COMPANION III
COMPANION III is a sophisticated chess computer which automatically registers your moves on its built-in sensor chessboard. It has 17 different levels of skill. There are a number of additional features which make all operations easy to understand. You will be sure to appreciate the new instant response program that gives you very fast games in the casual levels.
The computer contains the latest in single-chip microcomputer technology which means that you get a battery life of over 150 hours on three penlite cells (alkaline type). The last position of a game is always stored in memory and retained for up to 2 years. We hope that these features will contribute to your enjoyment of the game.
- Program has advanced predictive capabilities when thinking in opponent time.
- Can beat 90% of all chess players with its powerful 16K program. Also has teaching and handicap modes.
17 PLAYING LEVELS
- 8 casual, 4 tournament, 5 special (including speed chess: Blitz, handicap and problem solving up to Mate in 10).
EASY TO USE
- Take Back moves up to 8 ply.
- Display Move under consideration
- Chessboard senses moves.
- Simple Position verification and Set Up capability.
- Follows all main rules of chess including 50-move rule, 3-fold repetition, under-promotion etc.
Excerpt taken from the “Saitek Companion III” User Manual and box.
This computer must have been sold during the name transition period when SciSys-W was in the process of being renamed to Saitek. This computer was available as both under Saitek and SciSys-W.