A FEW NOVAG CONSTELLATION FORTE B GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- Knows all rules of chess including, castling, en passant and pawn promotion/under-promotion.
- Announces draw by 3 x repetition, 50-move rule and stale mate.
- Player/Player mode lets you play both sides or play against another human opponent.
- Random/Tour/Normal Play settings:
- Random - FORTE will select from moves that have nearly the same evaluations randomly. Games of great variety may be played using this mode.
- Tour - The strongest possible moves will be played by FORTE hence repetition of games where only one line of play is best will be regularly seen. This is the Tournament mode for FORTE.
- Normal - FORTE attempts to use its big opening book for greater variety or open lines and all possible opening variations will be played.
- Levels of Play - FORTE has 32 selectable levels plus 1 special User Set level which allows you to construct any combination of moves/time period that you wish thereby providing an infinite number of levels.
- Take Back - If you make a weak move or wish and wish to retract it you may take back any number of moves to correct your mistake even right up to the start of the game.
- Verify - You can verify your position at any time.
- Setup - Set up positions for mate and problem solving.
- Flip Display - The LCD displays information on the status within the computer. You can see other displays by pressing the FLIP DISPLAY key.
- Main display - defaults always to dual time display White: Black.
- Move List with scrolling function.
- Shows total time consumed by one side plus time taken for this move.
- Shows best move suggestion and if still in opening book will show the move followed by OPEN otherwise the evaluation.
- Depth now searched and the number of iterations completed (variations analyzed) i.e. d05 31-32 means searching to 5 plies deep and completed 1 out of 32 iterations.
- Shows the number of nodes (positions) analyzed up to a maximum of 100 million then the counter will reset itself to zero and continues.
Various excerpts taken from “NOVAG CONSTELLATION FORTE B” User Manual.