The NOVAG DIAMOND II is one of the latest Chess Computer from NOVAG’s range running on a H8 RISC-Style processor with 160K program memory and 129K working area. It offers an array of new features and has also incorporated Hash-Tables to significantly improve the chess computer’s play especially the end-game play.
NOVAG DIAMOND II MAIN CHARACTERISTICS:
- A huge array of features and an elegant easy-to-play SENSOR CHESSBOARD assure lasting pleasure.
- Strong H8 RISC style processor with 160k program memory and 129k working area, running at 32 MHz.
- 56 play levels to match your skill including Blitz, Tournament, Training, Analytic and Novice levels.
- High-speed Selective Search or powerful Brute Force program - choose between the two.
- 64 preset playing levels and unlimited independent level settings for Black/White.
- The cleverly arranged 6-digit Liquid Crystal Display provides easy access to many game options.
- Vary the style of play by selecting active or passive opening book, selective or full width search, with or without extensions. In addition one of 4 levels of randomness can be selected.
- Now with Rating System - evaluate your own play strength.
- Storage of up to 64 games for replay on the LCD display.
- The DIAMOND II connects to any PC via serial port which allows you to record and display its full thought processes easily.
- Plays with 4 AA alkaline batteries allowing 50 hours of play or use a special mains adapter NOVAG Art. No. 8210 (both supplied separately).
Excerpts taken from the “NOVAG DIAMOND II” User Manual and Box.
The NOVAG SAPPHIRE II is the travel equivalent of the NOVAG DIAMOND II.