EXCALIBUR ESCORT PORTABLE ELECTRONIC CHESS GAME
If you’re really into competitive chess, then this is the game for you. The ESCORT is Excalibur’s strongest portable chess computer; it’ll make your game fast and furious. But don’t let its compact size fool you... this computer has 128 levels of difficulty, which includes tournament, blitz and beginner levels, and a large library of book openings. If you’re a beginner it will help you; if you are a tournament player it will challenge you.
WHAT IS A CHESS COMPUTER?
A chess computer is a state-of-the-art chess board with real chess pieces and electronic circuits that respond to the position of the pieces on the board. This enables you to play a game against the computer at any time without the need of another person. Plus, with its unique memory-save function, you can turn off your computerized chess game and continue later without losing any positions.
- Convenient piece storage area
- Magnetic sensory chess board
- Strong 16K Program Working With 8 MHz System Clock Speed, providing very fast response times.
- 128 Levels of Play Including Training and Tournament Features.
- Solve Problems up to Mate-in-6 Moves.
- Extensive Opening Book. More than 8500 Half-Moves and Fascinating Middle and End Game Strategies.
- Saves Game in Memory.
- Highly Visible Rank & File Indicators.
- Check, Stalemate and Mate announcement.
- Provides HINT, TRAINING and REFEREE features if you need advice.
- Position verification and position set-up for problem solving.
- 100 hours of challenging chess from 4 x AAA alkaline batteries (not supplied) or optional A/C adapter.
- Audible tone to indicate move.
Excerpts taken from the Excalibur “Escort” Box (back).