DEAR CHESS FRIEND!
With your new MEPHISTO CHESS SCHOOL we have tried to offer you a very attractive price-performance chess computer. Although it costs relatively little money, it has asserted itself in test matches against sometimes much more expensive and stronger-perceived chess computers. The TUTOR function also offers some completely new possibilities that will hopefully benefit you in your chess development. If you decide to purchase MEPHISTO CHESS SCHOOL (with its accompanying book), you will be owning the first computerized chess course, and take full advantage of the 64 preprogrammed chess exercises.
MAIN MEPHISTO SCHACHSCHULE & EUROPA GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- SOFT-TOUCH-SENSOR BOARD - makes it easy to use.
- 50 Levels of Play - includes 1 Analysis, 1 Problem and 16 special Beginner levels.
- Thinks while opponent is pondering his next move.
- Large Openings Library - knows transpositions.
- Take back up to 10 half-moves.
- Easy manual entry of special moves, openings or positions.
- Referee function.
- Solves mate-in-6 problems.
- Fast efficient 16K program.
- Warns you if you make an error.
- Offers hints if you need assistance.
- Shows you what move it is considering and depth of search.
- New chess course program with 64 preprogrammed positions for you to practice and learn.
- Accompanied Chess Tutor book with more than 100 positions and test diagrams.
- Earn your Pawn and Rook diplomas from the German Chess Federation.
- Plays on 4 x AA batteries or with MEPHISTO adapter.
Excerpts translated by SPACIOUS-MIND from the “Hegener + Glaser Mephisto Schachschule” User Manual and Box.