EXCALIBUR KINGMASTER 2 IN 1 ELECTRONIC CHESS & CHECKERS
The research labs of Excalibur Electronics have developed the Kingmaster 2 in 1. Designed exclusively for beginning and intermediate chess and checkers players. Kingmaster 2 in 1 has a sophisticated program that makes playing fun. Alpha 2 in 1 comes complete with easy to use controls, the Excalbur Teach Mode, Excalibur’s Player Rating System and our advanced coaching feature.
WHAT IS A CHESS COMPUTER?
A chess computer is a state-of-the-art chess board with real chess pieces and electronic circuits that respond to the position of the pieces on the board. This enables you to play a game against the computer at any time without the need of another person. Plus, with its unique memory-save function, you can turn off your computerized chess or checkers game and continue later without losing any positions.
MAIN EXCALIBUR KINGMASTER 2-IN-1 CHESS & CHECKERS GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Two games in one.
- 88 levels of play:
- 72 levels of chess.
- 16 levels of checkers.
- Excalibur’s exclusive Teach Mode teaches Beginners and challenges Advanced Players.
- Special Rating Function: monitors your level of play and improvement.
- Large LCD display shows your every move.
- Saves game in memory.
- Takes back move function.
- Estimated rating: 1,600 ELO.
- Requires 4 x AA batteries.
- A/C adapter optional.
- Special coaching function.
- 100’s of pre programmed book opening positions.
- Solves mate problems.
- Position setup.
- Over 200 hours of battery life.
WHAT IS ADVANCED TEACH MODE?
In a simple methodical way, the Advanced Teach Mode teaches beginners the fundamentals of chess, ranging from individual-piece moves to game strategies.
New players can choose from five easy-to-follow TEACH MODES. In the first mode, for example, the user competes against the computer where only pawns and kings are used. Once the player has understood that level, the player goes on to the next levels where more chess pieces are utilized. The five training modes are as follows:
- MODE 1: Uses kings and pawns.
- MODE 2: Uses kings, queens and pawns.
- MODE 3: Uses kings, rooks and pawns.
- MODE 4: Uses kings, bishops and pawns.
- MODE 5: Uses kings, knights and pawns.
This simple teaching method has proven to be the most effective way of teaching how to play chess, and is now available in EXCALIBUR chess sets.
Excerpts taken from Excalibur Kingmaster 2-in-1 Chess & Checkers User Manual and Box.