EXCALIBUR LCD KINGMASTER
Congratulations on your purchase of Excalibur Electronics’ LCD KINGMASTER! You’ve purchased both your own personal chess trainer and a partner who’s always ready for a game—and who can improve as you do! Talking and audio sounds add another dimension to your LCD Chess computer for increased enjoyment and play value.
Hear swords clang, horses gallop, men march, and drums beat!
Excalibur’s LCD KINGMASTER is designed so that it can be held comfortably and used with one hand.
MAIN EXCALIBUR LCD KINGMASTER GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Tournament Strength
- Solves Mate-in-8 problems.
- Selectable Opening Lines of Play and Learning.
- Rate your games.
- 32 Mate Problems for you to Solve.
- TEACH Mode for Beginner Players.
- Mate Trainer for Advanced Players.
- Autoplay to Watch Computer Play Both Sides.
- INFO Mode to See What Computer is “Thinking”.
BOOK OPENING TRAINER
LCD KINGMASTER makes it easy for you to learn the same openings that world chess champions play! At the beginning of a game, you may choose to learn one of 32 popular book openings—ways to begin the game—used by chess masters.
Now play a move. If your move is not the correct opening move, an error buzz will sound. To learn the correct move press HINT. When the computer comes back with its move, you will briefly see the word OPEN on the screen if you have another opening move to make. If the word OPEN does not appear, you may continue normal play. You have completed the training for that opening line. The names of the openings are:
1. Ruy Lopez, Open Defense
2. Ruy Lopez, Zaitsev Defense
3. Ruy Lopez, Exchange
4. Scotch Game
5. Scotch Four Knights
6. Giuoco Piano
7. Two Knights Defense
8. Four Knights
9. Petroff’s Defense
10. Sicilian Alapin Variation
11. Sicilian, Najdorf Variation
12. Sicilian, Dragon Variation
13. Sicilian, Keres Attack
14. Caro-Kann Defense
15. Panov-Botvinnik Attack
16. Caro-Kann Excahnge Variation
17. Queen’s Gambit Declined
18. Lasker Defense, Queen Gambit Declind
19. Queen Gambit Declined Exchange Var.
20. Slav Defense
21. Queen’s Gambit Accepted
22. Nimzo-Indian Defense, Classical Var.
23. Nimzo-Indian Defense, Rubinstein Var.
24. Semi-Slav Defense
25. Queen’s Indian Defense
26. Queen’s Indian Defense, Petrosian Var.
27. Bogolubow Indian Defense
29. Gruenfeld Defense
30. King’s Indian Defense
31. Modern Benoni Defense
32. Benko Gambit
Excerpts taken from the Excalibur LCD KINGMASTER” User Manual.
This computer game was distributed by Target Corporation, hence the red box.