TIGER CHESS MARATHON
WHAT IS A CHESS COMPUTER?
A chess computer is a traditional board with real chess pieces and electronic circuits which respond to the position of the pieces on the board. An important benefit is that you can play a game of chess against your computer when a human opponent is not available. You can do this at any time, and even switch off in the middle of a game and start again later, because the computer will remember exactly where all the pieces are even when it is switched off.
If you are a beginner at chess the computer’s advanced teaching mode will help you to learn the game, to learn about all the chess pieces and how they move.
Finally, do not think that you have no chance against the computer. It has many levels of skill and if you start off by playing on the lowest level you should find that as you get used to playing the computer you will learn more about the game and have a good chance of winning, As you improve and want a more challenging game you simply increase the level of skill you choose.
Your computer is an ideal opponent. It is ready to play you at any time, as often as you like, at whatever level of skill you choose.
TIGER CHESS MARATHON MAIN GAME CHARACTERISTICS
- The ideal table top computerized game for beginners and experts.
- Estimate ELO Rating: 1400
- More than 1,000 Level Settings.
- Timed skill levels.
- Normal, Aggressive or Passive Styles of Play.
- Sensory Chess Board.
- Audible Tone to indicate moves.
- Includes a Teaching System
- Saves Game in Memory.
- Take Back Move Function.
- Large LCD Display shows moves and information.
- Solves up to mate-in-4 problems.
- Pre-Programmed Opening Strategy.
- Chess Clock.
- Setup and Verify Positions.
- Detects draws by 50 Move Rule, 3 Fold Repetition & Stalemate.
- Pawn Promotion, Castling and En-Passant captures.
Excerpts taken from the “Tiger Chess Marathon User Manual and Box.