We would like to congratulate you on the purchase or your new MEPHISTO Marco Polo. This computer offers you an excellent price-to-performance ratio. Although the computer costs relatively little, test games against much more expensive chess-computers (also higher rated) have shown that the MEPHISTO Marco Polo is a very strong partner. With it’s Tutor function the computer offers you a completely new feature which will help you to learn and improve your chess.
We of the MEPHISTO team wish you many happy hours with your MEPHISTO chess partner.
HEGENER + GLASER AG - MUNCHEN * GERMANY
MAIN MEPHISTO MARCO POLO CHARACTERISTICS:
- For beginners through club players.
- 50 levels, 16 special beginner levels.
- Input of moves by pressure sensors and 16 LED’s.
- Position storing for chess problems, studies and mate solving problems.
- Position store function, interrupted games can be stored and continued later.
- Opening library with approximately 300 variations.
- Move take back: 10 plies possible.
- Chess tutor, warns you of mistakes and suggest better moves.
- Information mode, shows the computer’s thinking process and search depth.
- Memory mode, for entering move sequences.
- Position verification.
- Search depth up to 8 plies.
- Battery Life: Approximately 80 hours of play.
Excerpts taken out of the “Hegener + Glaser Mephisto Marco Polo” User Manual and box.
MEPHISTO Marco Polo is a very attractive looking travel chess computer which plays an interesting game of chess at around 1900-1950 ELO USCF