EXCALIBUR MERLIN the magical game computer that will turn you into a wiz!
The research labs at EXCALIBUR ELECTRONICS have developed MERLIN exclusively for children. MERLIN comes complete with a TEACH MODE, easy to use controls, the Excalibur Player Rating System which monitors and rates a players progress and an advanced HINT button. A perfect gift for those just starting to play.
MAIN EXCALIBUR MERLIN GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Easy to Learn.
- One or Two Players.
- Special Rating Feature that monitors your Level of Play & Improvement.
- Fun to Play.
- Special HINT Feature.
- Saves Game in Memory.
- Takes Back Moves.
- Requires 4 AAA Batteries.
- Advanced Teach Mode.
- 2 Electronic Games in One!
- Play Chess or Checkers!
- 88 Challenging Levels!
- 72 Levels of Chess.
- 16 Levels of Checkers.
- Perfect for All Levels of Players.
- Teaches Beginners at any Age. Yet Challenges Advanced Players.
WHAT IS ADVANCED TEACH MODE?
In a simple methodical way, the Advanced Teach Mode teaches beginners the fundamentals of chess, ranging from individual-piece moves to game strategies.
New players can choose from five easy-to-follow TEACH MODES. In the first mode, for example, the user competes against the computer where only pawns and kings are used. Once the player has understood that level, the player goes on to the next levels where more chess pieces are utilized. The five training modes are as follows:
- MODE 1: Uses kings and pawns.
- MODE 2: Uses kings, queens and pawns.
- MODE 3: Uses kings, rooks and pawns.
- MODE 4: Uses kings, bishops and pawns.
- MODE 5: Uses kings, knights and pawns.
This simple teaching method has proven to be the most effective way of teaching how to play chess, and is now available in EXCALIBUR chess sets.