ABOUT RADIOSHACK PORTABLE 1650L MODEL 60-2252 ELECTRONIC TRAVEL CHESS
RADIOSHACK PORTABLE 1650L Electronic Chess Computer - picture taken from box.
THE PORTABLE CHESS COMPUTER THAT GOES ANYWHERE!
PORTABLE 1650L gives you a chance to win and provides hours of fun! At home or on the move -- you’re never far from a challenging game of chess!
MAIN RADIOSHACK PORTABLE 1650L SENSORY CHESS MODEL 60-2252 GAME CHARACTERISTICS
IDEAL FOR ALL LIFESTYLES!
- This chess computer is the perfect companion for business, travel, vacation or anywhere you feel like playing chess.
Stop anytime you like! The game memory retains your unfinished game until you play again (depending on batteries).
Sleek compact case closes to keep all chess pieces in place.
- Handy storage compartment inside for captured pieces.
A STRONG CHESS COMPUTER IN A SMALL PACKAGE!
- 16 levels of playing strength including handicap levels, revolutionary new fun levels and a puzzle level.
- Fun levels allow PORTABLE 1650L to make very human errors. Great for beginners - gives you the chance to win; builds your confidence as a chess player!
- Openings book includes all the major openings.
- Take-back and set-up capabilities.
EASY TO OPERATE! LOTS OF FUN!
- Press chess pieces lightly to register moves.
- Really easy to use!
- Fun for everyone from beginners to club players.
This computer's maximum ELO rating is 1650. ELO ratings have not been determined for individual play levels. In addition, it is not possible to give a meaningful comparison of the skill levels of the various play levels. In general, the computer is more powerful at the play levels that allow it to search longer.
Excerpts taken from the RadioShack Portable 1650L user manual and box.
RadioShack Portable 1650L (1991)
Julio Kaplan / Craig Barnes
Matchplay & Test ELO Ratings
Other Computer Chess Ratings
Class D Level Electronic Travel Chess Computer!