The First Thinking Chess Game That “Sees” Every Move You Make!
FIDELITY SENSORY CHESS CHALLENGER 8 “sees” every move you make and records it automatically. Match your skill against the Computer’s “brain”. Improved programming lets you play at any level of difficulty from beginner to expert. Works on batteries or plugs into a home wall outlet.... play anytime, anywhere!
New sensory playing surface automatically tells the Computer your every move --- from and to --- and which piece was moved. The squares light up to graphically show you the Computer’s next move. No keys to press --- you don’t have to learn programming procedures -- SENSORY CHESS CHALLENGER 8 lets you devote all your attention to the game.
Plus these proven outstanding features:
- Eight levels of play. Beginner to expert, including “Mate in Two” and “Chess by Mail”.
- Levels changeable during game: Change from 1 to any level through 8, at any time, on any move.
- Random computer responses vary every game. Your computer opponent will make it interesting each and every time,
- Selection of legal offense or defense play: Play from the bottom or the top of the board. Choose black or white.
- Position verification by computer memory recall.
- Plays opening defenses from chess books, i.e. Sicilian, French, Ruy Lopez, Queen’s Gambit Declined.
- Analyzes as many as 3,024,000 board positions. Uses up to 32,000 bits of Read Only Memory.
- Audio feedback: Single tone each time you press key; double tone when Computer responds.
- Problem Mode: Establish your own chess positions and watch the Computer react.
- Add or subtract pieces during game: Put back the piece you lost by override or take away the Computer’s queen for a more even game.
- Pawn promotion to selected piece: Promote a pawn to a queen automatically, or select a knight or another piece instead.
- Plays against YOU; plays against ITSELF; changes sides in MID GAME.
Numerous other features include durable molded housing, uses four “C” size batteries (batteries not included) or plug-in transformer, 100% solid state.
Excerpt taken from the “Fidelity Sensory Chess Challenger 8” User Manual, Leaflet and Box.