Your NOVAG STAR OPAL can be your tutor if you are a beginner or your challenging chess partner if you are already a chess player.
MAIN NOVAG STAR OPAL GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Original and fully portable chess computer with easy to operate SENSOR TECHNOLOGY. Ideal for novice and experienced players.
- Strong program working with 8 MHz system clock speed.
- Choose between 128 redesigned playing levels including training and tournament levels as well as problem solving levels up to mate-in-6 moves.
- Extensive opening book containing more than 8500 half-moves and fascinating middle and end game strategies.
- Programmed in accordance to the International Chess Rules, knows en-passant moves, castlings and pawn promotion.
- Check, Stalemate and Mate announcement.
- Very fast response time.
- Plays against itself.
- TAKE BACK function for easy correction of weak or wrong moves (25 half-moves).
- Provides HINT, TRAINING and REFEREE features if you need advice.
- Position verification and position set up for problem solving.
- Choice of color to play, change of color possible also during the game.
- Saves game in MEMORY when switched off.
- 100 hours of challenging chess from 4 x AAA alkaline batteries or optional mains adapter (Novag Art. No. 8210) for home use (both not supplied).
Excerpts taken from the NOVAG STAR OPAL User Manual and box.