We recommend that you read the instruction manual thoroughly in order to learn how to fully operate and enjoy your NOVAG STAR RUBY. The LCD chessboard and the function section at the bottom of the LCD screen are touch-sensitive and can be accessed with the special Pen, located on the left side of the unit. Always use this pen when operating the unit to avoid scratching or breaking the LCD glass, which is not covered by the limited warranty. The LCD screen is protected by a cover. To flip the protective cover back, please pull the button on the right side of the unit to release it.
MAIN NOVAG STAR RUBY GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- New touch screen LCD chessboard.
- Pen input provides easy access to many game options and chess pieces cannot be lost.
- Adjustable contrast.
- Advanced high speed RISC processor with energy saving CMOS technology.
- 112 preset playing levels.
- Over 8,000 pre-stored openings from Master Chess, with fascinating middle and end game strategies.
- TAKE BACK (up to 104 half moves) function for easy correction of weak or wrong moves as well as HINT and REFEREE features if you need advice.
- Position set-up of problem solving.
- Programmed in accordance with the International Chess Rules, knows en-passant moves, castlings and pawn promotion.
- Check, Stalemate and Mate announcement.
- Use 3 x AAA alkaline batteries (not supplied).
Excerpts taken from “Novag Star Ruby” Box (back cover) and User Manual.