We recommend that you read the instruction manual thoroughly in order to learn how to fully operate and enjoy your STAR SAPPHIRE. The LCD chessboard and the function section at the bottom of the LCD screen are touch-sensitive and can be accessed with the special Pen, located on the left side of the unit. Always use this pen when operating the unit to avoid scratching or breaking the LCD glass, which is not covered by the limited warranty. The LCD screen is protected by a cover. To flip the protective cover back, please pull the button on the right side of the unit to release it.
- Advanced high speed RISC processor giving the STAR SAPPHIRE master level strength (estimated ELO 2500 (USCF)).
- A huge array of features and an elegant easy-to-use push sensor chessboard assure lasting pleasure.
- Connection via serial interface to the NOVAG UNIVERSAL CHESSBOARD or any IBM compatible PC which allows you to record and display its full thought processes easily.
- 64 preset playing levels and unlimited independent level settings for Black/White.
- The clearly arranged LCD touch sensitive chess screen provides easy access to many game options.
- Extensive opening book containing of 123,000 plus user programmable book.
- Vary the style of play by selecting active or passive opening book, selective or full width search, with or without extensions.
- Now with rating system - evaluate your own playing strength.
- Storage of up to 64 games for replay on the LCD display.
- Plays with 3 x AAA alkaline batteries (not supplied) allowing approximately 50 hours of play or use a special mains adapter NOVAG Art. No. 8210 (supplied seperately).
- Take back function for easy correction of weak and wrong moves (112 half moves).
Excerpts taken from “Novag Star Sapphire” Box (back cover) and User Manual.