DEAR CHESS FRIEND!
Congratulations on the purchase of your MEPHISTO SUPERMINI! Your new chess computer is a high quality product, developed in Germany and designed to be both simple to use and strong-playing. Your MEPHISTO team wishes you many hours of chess fun with your new partner.
MAIN MEPHISTO SUPERMINI GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ideal for travellers and occasional players.
- Opening library.
- Battery life: approximately 100 hours.
- Moves played directly on the board.
- Moves shown by a 4-character, 7-segment display.
- Position store function: interrupted games can be stored and continued later.
- Position evaluation and move take back.
When switched on MEPHISTO SUPERMINI is set to level A2 with an average of 5 seconds per move, sound on and random off. You have 47 other possible settings.
- A1, B1, C1, D1 = 3 seconds average response time.
- A2, B2, C2, D2 = 5 seconds average response time.
- A3, B3, C3, D3 = 15 seconds average response time.
- A4, B4, C4, D4 = 30 seconds average response time.
- A5, B5, C5, D5 = 1 minute average response time.
- A6, B6, C6, D6 = 2 minutes average response time.
- A7, B7, C7, D7 = 3 minutes average response time.
- A8, B8, C8, D8 = infinite time level.
The levels on the A-file are the normal playing levels. The higher the level set, the longer the response time. The B-file represents the normal playing levels without the beep tones (silent mode).
The levels on the C-file are the so-called Special Levels. Whereas the computer will always play the best move it can find when set to A-file or B-file level, when set to a special level it will switch a random move generator on, which will play one of several equally evaluated moves i.e. the computer will play different lines which is more interesting. If you want to play the special level without beep tones then these can be selected as before, but with the D-file squares.
The levels on the E- and F- file are the so called ply depth levels. Whereas MEPHISTO SUPERMINI will compute to a selected ply depth before announcing its move. You can see the ply depth for each level in the table below:
- E1, F1 = 1 ply.
- E2, F2 = 2 plys.
- E3, F3 = 3 plys.
- E4, F4 = 4 plys.
- E5, F5 = 5 plys.
- E6, F6 = 6 plys.
- E7, F7 = 7 plys.
- E8, F8 = 8 plys.
If you want to play the ply depth levels without beep tone, then this can be selected as before with the F- file squares.
Excerpts taken from the “Mephisto Supermini” User Manual and Box.