You’ll never be without a chess opponent again with your TANDY COMPUTERIZED CHESS game! Match your skills against the internal Computer -- it’s programmed to make the best move possible in each situation. You can select eight levels of ability for the Computer to play at. The lowest will let even a beginner win occasionally, while the highest will give a Master a rough time!
OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Chessboard has standard notation and “plug-in” pieces -- play either a computer or “manual game”.
- Follows usual chess rules -- castling, capturing en passant, pawn promotion, etc.
- Computer checks moves for legality and signals errors.
- Special board positions can be set up -- great for chess problems!
- Computer plays black or white -- or itself!
- Multi-Move key allows several successive moves to be entered. Cover holds pieces in place so you can move the game without destroying the board layout.
- Find Position key lets you make sure the positions of the pieces on the board agree with the Computer’s memory.
Excerpts taken from the Tandy “Computerized Chess” User Manual and box.