Congratulations on your purchase of the new Kasparov Travel Champion. a portable chess computer which offers you many exciting game options, along with an extremely strong program.
SAITEK TRAVEL CHAMPION (2080 USCF) MAIN GAME CHARACTERISTICS:
- 64 different playing levels to choose from, including Training, Beginner, Tournament, Sudden Death, and Mate Search Levels.
- Built-in sensor board registers all moves automatically.
- Large display window and q6 bright board lights.
- Chess Clocks with count down feature and unique clock-ticking sound option.
- Computer thinks on your time for stronger play.
- Advanced, high-speed selective search.
- Programmable rotating display option.
- Watch computer’s thought process: see evaluation of position, search depth, 4-ply principal variation, current move, number of nodes being searched and more.
- Move suggestions offered on request.
- Large opening book library.
- Plays White from the top of the board.
- Verify piece positions and set up chess problems.
- Take back up to 30 individual moves.
- Play against another person with the computer acting as referee and keeping track of the time.
- User-selectable playing modes and opening book.
- Solves up to mate in 8 moves.
- Automatic power down with memory retention.
- Battery-operated and very portable -- cover snaps on to keep pieces in place whenever unit is transported.
Excerpts taken from the Saitek Travel Champion (2080 USCF) User Manual and Box.