TIGER CHESS VOICE MASTER
WHAT IS A CHESS COMPUTER?
A chess computer is a traditional board and pieces operating with electronic circuits which respond to the position of the pieces on the board. An advantage of the computer is that you can play chess against it when a human opponent is not available; you can play at any time, as often as you like. You can even switch off in the middle of a game and start again later; the computer will remember exactly where all the pieces are, even when it is switched off.
You must not think that you have no chance against the computer. It has many different levels of skill. If you start off by playing on the lowest level, you should find that as you get used to playing the computer, you will learn more about the game and have a good chance of winning. As you improve and want a more challenging game, you simply increase the level of skill.
THE TALKING AND TEACHING FEATURES
An attractive feature of your TIGER CHESS VOICE MASTER chess computer is that it can talk to you -- explaining the rules of the game, teaching you to avoid mistakes, and giving various other information. It has several features designed to help you learn the game and increase your standard of play.
TIGER CHESS VOICE MASTER MAIN CHARACTERISTICS
- Interactive voice teaching feature.
- Two teaching levels.
- Estimated ELO rating: 1450.
- Computerized announcement of legal moves.
- Computer announces when pieces can be taken and why.
- Computer can announce when player makes a poor move and the potential consequences.
- More than a thousand level settings.
- Sensory chess board.
- 40 Famous games played by past and present master, programmed into the computer.
- Five styles of play.
- Volume control for speech.
- Long term memory.
- Take back move function.
- Large LCD display.
- Solves mate-in-2 problems.
- Preprogrammed opening book -- over 4,000 moves.
- Position verify and setup.
- Includes a player rating system to measure your ratings.
Excerpts taken from the “Tiger Chess Voice Master” user manual and box.